Technology as a Vehicle for Learning

Well last night’s debate surrounding the value of utilizing technology within the classroom.  @Nancy and @Amanda’s personal, heart touching approach spoke to me and had me 100% convinced of such value from the beginning.  However @Trevor and @Matt came dressed and ready to battle!  I appreciated the devil’s advocate approach the guys took to challenged not only our own paradigms but their own as well! Brilliant on all fronts!

Some key points that resonated with me were;

Additional points to ponder….

3 thoughts on “Technology as a Vehicle for Learning

1. You summarized and analyzed the debate very well. I really appreciated your list of quotes. I have been holding weekly staff meetings via Teams and try to start/end each one with a bit of humour and sincerity. If I start with a funny meme, I end with an inspirational quote. Thank you for providing me with weeks worth of material! With the details for how schools will run in the fall unknown, and our new found dependency on technology, I have found myself looking to this quote by Alan Watts: “By replacing fear of the unknown with curiosity we open ourselves up to an infinite stream of possibility. We can let fear rule our lives or we can become childlike with curiosity, pushing our boundaries, leaping out of our comfort zones, and accepting what life puts before us.”

2. You summarized and analyzed the debate very well. I really appreciated your list of quotes. I have been holding weekly staff meetings via Teams and try to start/end each one with a bit of humour and sincerity. If I start with a funny meme, I end with an inspirational quote. Thank you for providing me with weeks worth of material! With the details for how schools will run in the fall unknown, and our new found dependency on technology, I have found myself looking to this quote by Alan Watts: “By replacing fear of the unknown with curiosity we open ourselves up to an infinite stream of possibility. We can let fear rule our lives or we can become childlike with curiosity, pushing our boundaries, leaping out of our comfort zones, and accepting what life puts before us.”